Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in /homepages/3/d161692740/htdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/genesis-simple-sidebars/plugin.php on line 106

Warning: Illegal string offset 'description' in /homepages/3/d161692740/htdocs/blog/wp-content/plugins/genesis-simple-sidebars/plugin.php on line 108
{ 7 random facts }

{ 7 random facts }

I was tagged by Lisa to share 7 random facts about myself. It’s a good thing she commented here to let me know she tagged me because I was avoiding her blog and all her fun pics of their San Antonio digi-scrapping get-together. Just kidding (sortof). But seriously, I had been so looking forward to finally seeing San Antonio and all my scrappin’ buddies but it didn’t work out for me to go so when I go to her blog I cover my eyes and look through my fingers trying not to see just how much fun I missed out on.

1. I just changed the light bulb in my closet after 2 weeks of flipping the switch no less than 10 times a day forgetting somehow that it’s burnt out. You’d think at least after the first week I’d learn but nope. Amazing how much you appreciate something as simple as light in a closet though after going 2 weeks without. :)

9423181_gal2. My favorite movie growing up was Savannah Smiles. I was reminded of this movie after seeing Gone Baby Gone the other day. Another great movie but very different other than the kidnapping basis to their stories.

But isn’t that little Savannah just the most adorable thing?!

It’s gotta be my favorite scene from a movie ever. You can’t possibly watch it and not feel happier.

3. I’ve started burning candles again. As soon as it starts getting dark earlier and chilly outside I LOVE to have candles burning when I’m home. My absolute favorite lately is one from a sweet girl who was our neighbor at the last craft show. It’s called birthday cake and it smells like I’ve been baking cupcakes. It’s amazing! I’m hoping to catch her at a show again in November to stock up for the rest of the winter but she sells online too. And check out that fragrance list! On my wish list: warm apple crisp, creme brulee and egg nog. :)

4. I ate real food tonight thanks to my neighbor Nikki. She made me egg salad for sandwiches and even left out the onions and celery especially for me. :) She asks me frequently if I ate anything for supper and 9 times out of 10 I say yes…I had instant breakfast. Apparently to her that doesn’t constitute a meal.

5. I’m a Grobanite and can’t wait to buy this album for my Christmas music collection. It may even knock this album off it’s all time fav christmas album pedestal. I added a little Josh to the blog pod along with some other current favs. I’ll wait till after Thanksgiving to make you listen to the Christmas collection. Not to mention the fact that rent among other things come before buying new music so it may take me till Thanksgiving to purchase it but it’s definitely on my list.

pushing-daisies-cast_471x330 6. I LOVE this new show. ABC is my favorite tv network. 90% of my favorite shows are on ABC. Plus, they have the best online viewing. Does anyone else watch tv shows online? I think it’s the best thing since Tivo. :)

7. I’ve cut my own bangs twice since my last haircut and no amount of conditioning mask is bringing back the shine that a fresh color would. I desperately need to make an appointment.

How was that for random? :)

I haven’t been blogging as much as I’d like but I’ve been busy sewing and blog designing.

Kay, back to catching up on emails and then off to work to help move an entire office worth of stuff today and tomorrow. Gorgeous weather for moving though. 65 and sunny at the end of October is pretty unusual for Michigan but we’ll take it. :)

Have a great Tuesday!

loveshawnsignature_19

Comments

1. melissa says:

holy cr@p…. i LOVED savannah smiles!! we used to watch it all the time… i had completely forgotten about the movie.. wait ’till i share this with KP… he’ll flip!

2. Jill says:

Wow, Savannah Smiles. Haven’t thought of that in years. I would love to see the movie again. She was such a cutie!
    Thanks for posting my bags. I haven’t been selling on etsy. Getting discouraged with it. Thankful for the craft shows.
    Have a good Tuesday!!
    Jill :o)

3. Lisa says:

oh wow! savannah smiles was a favorite of mine too! i thought she was so cute, i wanted to name my first girl savannah for that reason!(as you know, that didn’t work out, jay wanted to go with siobhan instead and we chose neither one!)
    i sure missed our group not being together this year, but hopefully next year will be a better year for everyone. have a great day at work and thanks for playing along!

4. OMG Blast me to my past chicka! I loooved that movie too! She was just the cutest girl ever. And LOOOVE those bags! Those are beyond scrumptious!!!!

5. MelodyA. says:

Oh my gosh. Nobody I know has ever heard of Savannah Smiles. Loved it.

6. oh…savanna smiles! i had completely forgotten about that movie. i have to find it now for my little girls to watch. thank you for bringing her back.
    your blog is beautiful…fun and cheery.
    and your sewing is fabulous.

7. Maegan says:

Ooooh, I have the new Josh Groban Christmas album. I wanted to save it until after Halloween (there is no way I can hold out until after Thanksgiving like I normally would). One day to go! Here is a funny little tidbit for you. ZoĆ« LOVES Josh Groban. When you ask her what she wants to listen to she will say “The orange Josh Groban!” (His second album has an orange cover). What can I say, the child has good taste. :)

8. I LOVED that movie too when I was little!!! She is a cutie! Thanks for posting the clip- makes me want to find in the archives somewhere and watch the whole thing.

9. Sherri says:

Hiya Dollface!
    Yes, that movie was a good one! Little Savannah Smiles…..I am going to try and find it for my 7 year old to watch. She just got through with “The Goonies” (remember that one??) and she said it was “kinda gross”…I used to love that one.
    I am a candle lover too – I buy those Yankee Candles, but I am going to check out the link to the candles you listed – can’t get enough of that around the Holidays! My newest fave is “Warm ButterCrisp” OMG!
    My grandmother loved Josh Groban….she played “You raise me up” all the time..when I lived in Texas and her in Oregon, she used to call me early in the morning and play it in the background….Love Josh Groban!
    Hope you are doing well miss cutie – talk to you soon :)
    xoxo Sher

10. guppie says:

I knew there was something different about your hair. You’ll get that fixed, right? Please. ;)

11. Mel says:

Savannah Smiles!!! I do remember that movie and I also loved it growing up. I remember being thrilled if it happened to be on TV, especially before we ever had cable. The bags are beautiful. I now own two of Jill’s bags. you guys definitely have a great thing going on! I especially love the pink flower fabric. I was just thinking that would make an adorable skirt too.:) Good luck at your craft show! I am sure those bags will go like hotcakes!

12. Jeanette says:

OK, I had no idea anyone else had seen this movie! LOL I was freaking out when I saw your blog post…and now to read all these comments from people who remember it. And yes, the Brer Rabbit story is the CUTEST! Too funny…

13. love the random :)

14. From one Grobanite to another, I’ve sent you a little something (please check your email!). Sorry I had to do it that way, however I wasn’t sure if you still lived at the same address (you might want to shoot me your new one if you don’t!)

Thanks for another wonderful blogpost. Love you heaps!

15. jenn says:

I remember the hundreds of times we watched Savannah Smiles at your house growing up..I had almost forgotten about that!
    Candles this time of year is wonderful, I love those cookie, or vanilla ones…yum! Almost wish I could dig in for a bite :O)

16. Margot says:

I often have nightmares that involve going to flip light switches and the light won’t turn on… Thus if I had been you I would have changed that bulb so fast!
    Those are some mighty beautiful bags!

17. Teresa says:

I love your list! And I am completely crazy for Pushing Daisies!! Best show ever! I always want a piece of pie though. :)

Teresa

18. Katelyn says:

Oh my gosh i love savannah smiles! I used to lie in bed with my mom on sundays and watch it with her? I love your little blurb about the lightbulb thing.. That is SO me. I have been going pee in the dark at work.. Because i dont change the light and at least 5 times a day i try the light.. Ha ha. i just love your new purses! Those fabrics are delicious.. I need to buy some of her fabric to make christmas presents with

19. Carrie says:

Love your new site, hope I can get it linked. I understand the moody blog too, it was a difficult weekend. Love the Savannah Smiles, can I order that for the grandkids? on that link that you had?? I am such a dork when it comes to getting from a link to anywhere else. Tell me how to get a copy and I will get you one while I am sending for it. I haven’t been reading blogs since grandma was sick so I am feeling a bit more back on track for my life I hope we can get a “bit more on track” with you – give a call and we can do supper or lunch – whatever works. Luv ya! MOM

20. Amy Wathen says:

OMG Savannah Smiles… LOOve it too. I had no idea that others knew of it either. My sister and I watched it probably 100′s of times. After my sister had a daughter and named her Savannah my mom must have remembered that we loved the movie so much and a couple years ago she bought us each the movie. And we still to this day can recite the Brer Rabbit story.. “One day on Jigby hill, they made a log and they set a Tar Baby on it….” Too cute movie. And SO sad about the actress.

21. SmilynStef says:

Apparently there are a lot of closet Savannah Smiles fans out there … can’t even count how many times I’ve seen it … love this list … love your blog.